Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Already One Month

Two days ago marked Matty's first month of life. I can't believe that it has already been that long. I truely understand the expression, "time flies". All of a sudden he seems so big. He moves his hands and arms more and focuses. Soon he'll be walking and talking and schooling... so crazy.

Before all that, though, we have his baptism. This Sunday, Canada's thanksgiving day, Matty will receive the sign and symbol of being a covenant child. When I asked my pastor if this Sunday would work, he said, " Thanksgiving is great, because Matthew is a gift for which we can be thankful." We met with our pastor and we talked for an hour and a half (mostly about mine and Dave's marriage) and had a nice visit. I went out yesterday and bought an outfit for Matty to wear for the occasion. It is the cutest thing. I will have to get lots of pictures so you can see how adorable he is (my bias perhaps). Until then, however, you will have to settle for some news from his doctors appointment yesterday and a few pictures from recently.

Matty was weighed and measured and he is now in the 80th percentile for both his height and his weight. The doctor was very happy with what he saw. I made sure I asked all of the questions I had and was much happier with the overall appointment compared to our first one.

Othere then that, I've been working hard at getting my house clean. It appears that it will take me all week to get it clean just to start again next week. It's really hard to get much done. I wouldn't change it for the world. I just have to adjust and adapt. Today I succeeded in cleaning the whole front of the house, I moved some furniture and switched some books from one shelf to another, I tidied the bedroom and made the beds and I have made some dough for pizza (yeah breadmaker). I still hope to vacuum the bedroom, sweep the kitchen and do some dishes but I don't know. I'm currently able to type this entry with onee hand as I hold a sleeping Matty in the other arm. The moment I put him down, he wakes up screaming and writhing with gas pains. I'm so thankful that this isn't ALL the time.
Here are the pictures for you:

Here is Matty and I at Mill of Kintail in Almonte.


Here is Matty sitting in his aquarium bouncy seat. I'd never seen him enjoy it as much as he did today.

I tried to include a video as well but it wont upload. It's too bad because it's so cute.

1 comment:

Susanna Rose said...

Wow...this month flew by I guess! He's such a cutie and always getting cuter!