Sunday, October 5, 2008

Birthday Bash

I am now 25 years old. Does that not seem really old? I guess to many people reading this, that isn't old. But I guess when I think of the fact that I am a quarter of a century old it seems a little scary.

My birthday began with a church meeting. Not the best way to begin a birthday but it did ensure that Dave was home for the day instead of working. The meetingwas to begin at 9 but it started late as was expected. It also lasted until noon... maybe even longer than that.

After the meeting, Dave, Matty and I went to get my my birthday present (it is this tiny lap top that I am using right now to write this post) from Best Buy. After that, we went to Montanas for lunch. Dave had them sing their birthday song to me and I had to wear a horned hat which seemed really dirty. It was still kind of special though, and I got free ice cream. YUM!

Matty was starting to get fussy so we headed home where we met up with Jo and Aidan and the kids. I fed Matty and thn Jo and I, along with Matty, headed out on another expedition; one that made Matty very unhappy. First we went to a strip mall where I got to pick out a nice sweatshirt that my mom would buy for me as a gift. I chose a beautiful plum zip up from Jacob, with some help from my sister. Next, it was back into the car to go to the grocery store. Once that task was complete, it was into the car once more to go to St. Laurent Shopping center which is miserable on Saturdays. I had to go though, since I was picking up my birthday cake (Baskin Robins Mocha Almond Fudge ice cream cake). I nwas thankful when that task was finished and then it was back to my house to feed Matty and pick up all the kids to go to my parents house. Matty was really tired of the ins and outs of the car seat and was screaming at me. I deserved it.

Once at my parents, Matty settled down and I was able to relax. We had just family over for dinner and then at 7 pm everyone else came for hors d'oeuvres and cake.

My mom and Anne bringing in the cakes. One was made by my mom and the other one is the cake I bought because of my craving for ice cream cake.

One cake blown out, one to go. You can see my new sweatshirt in this picture.

Here's Cory, Jon (Ness's brother who I get along well with) and Aidan.

Pake (Dave's dad) holding Matty.

A lot of other guest. I don't think you really want me to tell you all of the peoples names.

And more people. It was a very busy house.

Other than the sweatshirt and my laptop, I got a number of other great gifts. My parents got me a cookbook, Daniel bought me a bouquet of beautiful flowers, my dad wrote me a beautiful poem, Vanessa bought me two note pads, Dave's parents bought me some parenting books and a Christmas tree ornament and my sister and family along with Karin and family got me a bracelet, some earings and a fantastic mobile that they had custom made for me so there would be beavers on it.
Here are my gifts (except the shirt). See how small the laptop is (it's in the middle)? I love it.

Here's the mobile. It came all the way from Germany.

A close up of one of the beavers. So cute!

Here are the flowers from my brother. He bought a bouquet for Jo too because when it was her birthday he didn't have any money.

I had a fantastic birthday. I had my husband with me, surrounded by my whole family and I also had a baby this year. What a change from my birthday last year. It was still a wonderful birthday. This years was just so different. I'm a mom, I'm 25 and I've been married for a year. Pretty awsome!

2 comments:

Grace said...

Happy belated birthday Kate!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Kate! Auntie B