Thursday, October 30, 2008

The First Snow

October 29th marks Ottawa's first snow for the "winter". We didn't get as much as they were predicting (15-30 cm) but it was still a good cover. Currently, the snow is still on the ground but the weather tomorrow is suppose to be higher than average for the year. Isn't Canadian weather odd?
The backyard and shed. I forgot to put my bike away a while ago. Now it has snow all over it.

The bush I see from my kitchen window. Interesting to see the leaves with no snow and the bushes covered.

Matty didn't seem to notice the snow. He is, after all, only 7 weeks old. He did, however, notice the wind. The poor boy. Every time I took him out of the car, he would gasp for air. I tried to turn him away from the wind but it was going every which way, I tried covering his seat with a blanket but the wind just blew it off and he hates it when I cover his face. I think I will do the face covering anyways though. Better he breathes than is happy, right? I have a winter bunting bag for his car seat that my sister leant me. Hopefully that will work well enough to keep him happy and breathing.

Matthew has been fighting a cold on and off since he turned one week old. I feel terrible for him and I am feeling terrible. He passed the cold on to me and now we are both stuffed up and sick. The thing about him though, is he can't just blow his nose. Last night he woke up several times chocking on his mucus. So, both mommy and baby are tired but netiher one of us can really nap either. He just keeps coughing and sneezing and I can't sleep while he makes all of his coldy noises. I'm sure once I get tired enough that will change. Until then, I'm slighly Mummy like.

The first Boys and Girls Club meeting is tonight. I hope it goes well with the whole two kids who are coming. I'll update you on how that goes.

2 comments:

Grace said...

Snow!!!! I wish we had some here :( Right now it's freezing at night but then warms up to the 70's. Crazy Georgia weather.

Anonymous said...

Fatigue and motherhood are just about synonymous! Hope you both get feeling better....Auntie B