Tuesday, November 4, 2008

All Effort and Little Success

Yesterday I decided to be domestic again and make a nice meal. I invited some friends to join us for dinner and I spent my morning and any free time without Matty to work on the meal.

I was making Curried Chicken with Rice and Naan bread. The last time I made it, it was so delicious that I just wanted to eat more and more.

This time, it wasn't so. I was so disappointed. I made the curry and it smelled great. I transferred it to the crock pot and then when I went to serve it, it was burned in places. I was not impressed. I also forgot to add the lemon juice. It still tasted ok but it was dryer than I am used to.

The naan bread is what I was most looking forward to. I mixed away and everything until I realized it was not becoming dough. It was just batter. When I looked at my recipe again, I realized my mistake. I'd added a cup too much of milk. So, I just kept adding flour which of course destroyed its taste all together.

Finally, the rice. For some reason, the rice remained sticky. I let it sit and sit and sit on the burner until the bottom began to burn. So, we had sticky rice to put our curry on (not normal).

Thankfully my guests were close friends and they were fine eating my foiled meal. It wasn't disgusting but no one was asking for seconds :( It's probably a good thing I didn't have time to make a dessert. I'm sure something would have gone wrong there too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, Kate! But we have all been there...AuntieB

Vanessa said...

Kate - it was SO yummy! I didn't ask for seconds because I didn't want to be the ONLY one. . .I really did love it. In fact, if you have any leftovers, we should eat it tomorrow for lunch. Even the Naan was yummy, I thoughts

Thanks for having us!!