Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Sickies

Yesterday evening, Dave, Matty and I went out for dinner with Jo and Aidan and the family. It was a very nice time (we don't do this often at all). However, before the food was served I began to feel very sick to my stomach. I decided to ignore the pain in my stomach and eat the food I had ordered. I actually thought about cancelling my order but was too scared. I didnt manage to eat all of it but I sure ate a good amount.

From there, Dave and I went to go look at something for a Christmas gift and I was in so much discomfort that I had to wait outside because I was afraid I might throw up in the store. The moment we got home, the nightmare began. Either stomach flu or food poisoning. A while back I remember thinking "what on earth would I do if I got really sick with a baby?" and last night and today I got to experience this. God is good and answered my prayer that Matty would sleep most of the night. He only woke once, ate quickly and went right back to sleep. Thankfully, because I was running in and out of the room to the washroom and really wasnt sure what I would do if something hit me while I was nursing. When the morning came and I had to get Matty out of bed, I had no strength at all. Dave ended up having to bring him to me and I could barely hold him. I don't remember ever feeling so weak.

Matty had some good naps that allowed me to get some sleep since I didnt get any last night and I think I am finally starting to get better (though my stomach still feels a bit queezy). I was suppose to have two friends over and have a bible study today. I was very disappointed that I had to cancel with them but it isn't very fair to make them sick if I do indeed have stomach flu.

Dave came home from work and complained of a sore neck, sore thoat and he had a really stuffy nose. He lay down beside me and fell right to sleep. I hope he feels better tomorrow. I could tell he was annoyed at being sick since he has a lot of work to do... but what can you do? I am happy he is sleeping, He is passed out right beside me.

With all of this sickness I am praying that Matty will be fine. I would really not like him to get stomach flu or this cold or whatever Dave has. How would a little baby like him handle it? I know God is bigger than sickness but it scares me nonetheless. I put Matty to sleep and he has already woken twice, very unhappy. I hope it is just because he wasn't fully asleep, not pain or sickness.

Matty has been neglected today since I was so tired, sick and weak. I pretty much nursed him and put him to sleep but there was little cuddle or play time. At times he was almost inconsolable and I think it is because he was so tired of being in the bedroom. I literally didnt leave the bedroom with him until 2:30. When we did leave the bedroom, I got some adorable smiles and a story or two. That ensured me that he was still feeling ok.

Anyways, sleep calls and I pray that I will wake up tomorrow feeling 100%

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry, Kate! As you know, I take care of a friend's little children a couple of times a week. She had just had horrible stomach stuff - as a doctor, was sure it was food poisoning, not stomach flu. Apparently, food poisoning has a much more sudden onset...In any case, hope you feel better soon, that Matty stays well. Love, Auntie B

Karin said...

you poor girl. I hope you are feeling better!

Love Karin.

Grace said...

So sorry Kate. Will be praying that you will get better.