Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Odd choice

Today has been a confusing day for me and Matty. All day he has fussed and whined and refused to sleep for more than 15 minutes at a time and I just can't figure out why. I thought maybe he was hungry but he refused to eat. I thought he might be gassy but doesn't seem to be struggling in that way. I gave him a nice warm bath at around 5:30 and it was the first smile he gave me all day. Once out of the bath, the strange upsets began again.

Dave came home and at first Matty seemed fine but the whine and sadness came again. Dave walked with him, cuddled him and eventually thought to put him in the jolly jumper. He still isn't big enough for it and he can't support himself in it so Dave always props a blanket behind him to help him out. Right away, while swinging, he was calm and happy. We kept him swinging in it for 15 minutes and then he was fast asleep. Odd place to sleep. It looks so uncomfortable. He has a nice comfortable swing but he really doesn't seem to care for it much.

Adorable, but comfortable?

He is now finally asleep in his crib. Lets hope it lasts for a little while longer than his other naps today. I might even try and grab a few winks during this time in case we have a bad night (I really hope not). Wow, I should have knocked on wood. He's awake within one minute of me writing he was sleeping. OY!

5 comments:

Niki said...

what a cutie pie ~ I hope the night is quiet.
Hugs,
Niki

Vanessa said...

VERY adorable!! I miss my little nephew. . .I'll cuddle him tomorrow.

I hope you have a good night!

- Vanessa

Grace said...

First of all, I am sorry you and Matty are both sleep deprived. Hopefully he'll have a better day today. Second of all, he is so chubby and cute!!!! I love that picture.

Anonymous said...

Hi Katie & Dave,

I can't believe how much Matty has grown since the baptism. I love the picture of him asleep in his jolly jumper. He is absolutely adorable.

Great-Aunt Angela

Anonymous said...

As I remember, babies have no obvious schedule, and little obvious cause and effect, for many months! Auntie B