Thursday, November 13, 2008

Picnic in November

This was not my own idea but Vanessa's. I stole the idea because it was just so good that I had to do it and I got all into it.

She told me how her and Cory sometimes have picnics on their living room floor and watch movies together at the same time as eating. So, I did it too. I spread out the blankets and decided to make it a romantic picnic. When Dave walked in, he saw candle lights in the hallway, and the living room was glowing with candle light on the floor and on the tv ( I was constantly looking back into the room to make sure none of the candles had fallen and lit the blanket on fire).
I had dinner waiting for us on the blanket and I even had wine glasses out for our drinks. I made Three Cheese Tortolini (sp?) in Creamy White Wine Sauce. Boy oh boy was it good. We sat on the blanket and ate our dinner while watching 2 Weeks Notice and keeping an ear open for our sleeping boy. It was such a beautiful night and so much simpler than a real picnic.
Thank you, Ness, for the idea. Hope you don't mind me sharing it with whoever might read this post.

1 comment:

Grace said...

Sounds like a good idea Kate! That dinner looks amazing:)