Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Dinners

Some days things are impossible to get done (these end up being chinese take out nights or restaurants), Other days, I feel like I could do everything I used to in the house. The house gets clean and there is a nice meal on the table.

The past two nights, I have managed to prepare nice enough dinners while maintaining a fairly presentable home (a bi messy but clean mostly).

Last night I prepared a ham dinner with baked potatoes and squash. I was most excited about the squash. It worked out pretty well but the squash was a bit over done. I was a little disappointed but it still tasted quite nice. I also managed to get a fruit salad made for my pre-natal reunion.

The reunion was actually quite nice. There were 5 babies there which is more than I was expecting. All so cute and in such different stages. I had never been to the house before. I went on to google maps and got directions and followed them perfectly. Unfortunately, the final destination was NOT where it was suppose to be. I drove around and around and couldn't find it. I then decided that it couldn't be too far away from where it was in my directions. One by one, I chose the side streets and wove in and out of confusing little areas until I happened upon the street I was looking for. In perfect timing too, because I was just about to give up and head home. Onceat the home, I was slightly confused by the wheel chair ramp but I recognized the woman who answered the door and the afternoon went well from there.

Tonight I prepared a stew that I knew Dave liked. I made it once before for a campng trip he went on and he came home and told me, almost right away, that it was the best stew he'd ever tasted. So, I thought it would be a special treat for him tonight. Unfortunately, he failed to mention he wasn't going to be home for dinner tonight, so he gets to eat it cold since our microwave is broken (eww!). I really enjoyed the stew and so did Vanessa. I figured I had enough to go around so I was very please to share it with Ness and Cory.

Here's the stew brewing (sorry the picture sucks, it fogged up the camera).

Here are the carrots and the potatoes that needed to be added after the first part of the stew had simmered for 1 1/2 hours.


These are pictures of the disaster I call my kitchen. I can't keep it clean while cooking. It always looks terrible while I'm on the go.

Finally, here is the finished product. Looking much less like a soup and more like stew.

So, that is the result of my productive days. Matty cooperated so well by being happy and having good sleeps during the day. I'm so proud of my little man.

No comments: