Thursday, September 4, 2008

Another Success

Yesterday I felt like a dead weight. I seriously spent the majority of my day lying on the couch trying to convince myself to get up and do something... anything. An hour before dinner had to be ready I was thinking I would call Dave and just ask him to bring something home but I didn't even want to get up to get the phone. Pretty sad.

Anyways, eventually I sucked it up and I got dinner started. This is a major accomplishment not only for the day but also for someone who is not the most keen in the kitchen. I am so glad that I did. It was so good and really quite simple. It took me about 20 minutes to prepare the whole dinner and when I bit into it, I was so glad that I had made it. Another successful recipe from my trusty red cookbook.
It was a chicken, ham and cheese recipe. You can't go wrong with that combination. I added mozzarella to the recipe (it only called for fresh Parmesan) but my Parmesan was not freshly grated and so it wouldn't melt. I also folded the ham and cheese into the chicken instead of leaving it flat. It made it look nice. On the side, we had steamed asparagus (done to perfection instead of overdone which usually happens) and rice. If you are interested in the recipe just let me know and I'll type it out for you. So easy yet quite tasty.

4 comments:

Susanna Rose said...

Good for you! I would have just told Rick he needed to pick something up!!!;)

Karin said...

looks delicious Kate! Good for you for putting together a dinner, I fully understand not wanting to after a long pregnant day. I quite often do the same, but usually end up giving in to the convience of fast food.

Praying that Matty will come soon!
Love Karin.

Anonymous said...

There certainly is a time for fast food, but doesn't it make you feel good when you do what is best just because it is best? God gives a great feeling of satisfaction! (Your tummy that great feeling,too, in this case!) Auntie B

Grace said...

Yum that looks good! That is THE BEST cookbook, hands down.