Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Talks of Induction Begin

One day past my due date and it's right down to business.

My OB really doesn't like intervention. He doesn't think it really plays much role in when a baby will come. He told me to make love. However, he is certain that after 10 days overdue, that baby needs to come out.

So, he explained to me the beginning process of an induction and I really hope I don't have to be induced. You go in one day, they insert something in you and watch you for 20 minutes. Then they send you home and if nothing happens you come back the next day and do it again. And if it still doesn't work... then it isn't going to work.

So, I have two appointments made. One to see the OB again next week (we are both hopeful that we will see each other sooner) and one the day after for an ultrasound to assess whether the induction would be safe. I also have to be at the allergist on the same day as the ultrasound because I get my monthly shots. Oh, I think life is crazy now but there will be numerous appointments once Matthew is born too.

Let's all pray that this baby comes tonight or tomorrow. I don't want to be induced.

4 comments:

Vanessa said...

He'll come in good time. At least you know in less then 10 days, no matter what happens, you WILL meet your baby!!!

AHHHHHH!!!

Susanna Rose said...

Kate,

WE will be praying he comes in the next few days! In the meantime, I would tell you as your OB did: do make sure you guys get your groove on!!!;) and it may also help you to walk, walk, walk! Just remember, it can all start happening very suddenly so just don't be too worried if you haven't felt anything so far! Not everyone gets braxton hicks, etc...I never did.

Also, did you talk with your OB about getting your membranes stripped? I hear it hurts but works but brings on labor for some really quickly!

Stay strong!!:)

Reformed Mom said...

i was induced with all three of mine, it isn't that bad. I promise.

Aileen.

Anonymous said...

THose last days are interminable! Auntie B