Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Today Is The Day

Apparently...

Matty is suppose to want to join the outside world today but I think he is still very happy in his safe, warm uterine home. He stretches and it feels like my entire stomach is going to burst open. I take a single drink of water and I feel as though I might explode because there is simply no room left. However, he won't be permitted to stay in there too much longer and Dave and I are so excited to meet him. I even let Isaiah sleep on top of him yesterday and Matty kicked at him for quite a while but it didn't get him to come out. :( Isaiah continued to sleep peacefully too so that was good.

I've decided to try not to even think about him (unless praying) until the joyful labour begins. I say joyful knowing full well that it will be painful and difficult but I really, truly desire to have the best attitude I can going into it. First time mom syndrome???

Today, to distract I have tidied (and have much more to do) and also formed my meal plan for the next week. It actually took no time at all because i still had many meals from my two week meal plan from last month. Dave and I go out or change our plans often enough that it makes my meal plans easy some weeks. While making this list, I was also thinking how that baby could come any day so not to have too many groceries that could go bad in the fridge. Hence the one week plan not the two week.

Tuesday September 2- Pepperoni Pasta with salad (from the cookbook in a previous post) Dessert: banana split ( I am really craving this right now).
Wednesday September 3- Chicken with Smoked Ham and Parmesan (cookbook)
Thursday September 4- Hawaiian Pizza and salad ( Thursday is pizza night)
Friday September 5- Sausage and rosemary risotto (cookbook)
Saturday September 6- Macaroni casserole
Sunday September 7- Cheese soup and fresh homemade bread (cookbook)
Monday September 8- Perogies and sausages with veggies

I made up my grocery list and it is quite small because I had already done the groceries for many of these dishes. And that makes me happy because I am challenging myself with a very small food budget and the past two months I have failed ( but not by much).

This afternoon, Ness and I along with Henry will be going to the grocery store (more distraction) and then there will be the putting away of groceries and preparing dinner and clearning dishes and then hopefully Dave will be home. Distractions may be easy today.

I guess right now I should finish up the tidying that is still to be done. Just yesturday I had a burst of energy and cleaned the back of the house but now the front of the house needs attention. May I have enough energy to finish it.

1 comment:

Niki said...

Keeping you in our thoughts and prayers Katie!