Tuesday, September 30, 2008

How Quickly Time Flies

Sunday marked two different events that made both Dave and I revel in the speed of time. First, it was Matty's third week of life. He's already been in our lives for three weeks and we just can't imagine life without him. He's grown a lot. He is heavy and he is actually quite a bit longer than he was. I went to put on one of his new sleepers and it was already too small. It was even labeled as 3 months... CRAZY!!! I still wish to post pictures but I still can't find my cord.

Sunday also marked mine and Dave's first wedding anniversary. Since it was on a Sunday we didn't really celebrate it. We saved it for Monday evening. We were also really brave and we left Matty with a pumped bottle with Grammie and Aunty Jo and Dave and I went out, just the two of us, for the evening. I have to admit, partway through dinner Dave and I were thinking of him and on the way to the movie I gave my mom a call just to make sure he was doing ok. He was an angel for them and Jo got lots of cuddles.

It's really neat to think that we had our baby just three weeks before our first year anniversary. He is such a beautiful gift to us. We adore him so much. Sometime we just want to eat him up. He has a new habbit in the mornings. I cant say I enjoy it too much and I know, for sure, that he doesn't like it either. He screams with pain and annoyance for a few hours in the morning. There is nothing I can do but pace with him around the house, singing whatever songs come to mind. Right now the music doesn't seem to matter. It's me holding him, rocking him, walking with him... pressing him close to my body. It seems to ease the pain in his belly and eventually sending him into sleep. He is a very content boy but really struggles with his mommy's tummy (very sensitive). He has also taken to tummy sleeping at these times. I cant ge thim to fall asleep in my arms and then put him down on his back and he will wake up as though he was never asleep and the screaming begins again. But, I rock him to sleep again and I put him awkwardly down on his tummy and he stays asleep (thats how I found time to write this post).

Monday was Matty's first time sleeping in his crib and he is now sleeping in it at night as well (Previously he was in a basinette on our bed with us). He doesn't seem to notice a difference except at around 4 in the morning. Only lying in our bed seems to settle him back to sleep. He's also really suffereing with a cold and he seems to spit up more often and he has trouble breathing at times... It's s hard to see and hear. I wish I could just get him to blow his nose.

Anywyas, Matty's tummy has woken him and I should go get him before he starts to really holler... too late.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You sound like an old-timer, Kate! Auntie B