Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Daddy Is On Our Minds

Well, Last week at this point, I was frantically looking around the house for what Imight have forgotten to pack. This week I am in Georgia missing my husband and Matty is missing Daddy.

I couoldnt stop thinking of Dave all day today because I dressed Matty in a pair of Daves favourite pants and he looked so cute and snappy that I thought of Dave constantly.

While taking this picture I said "smile for Daddy!" and he did. I forgot my camera so the video camera took this picture but it isa very delayed camera.

I know Matty misses Daddy as well because every time you take him to the fridge where our family picture is (the same one as the top of this page) he smiles a huge smile and reaches out for it. You can tell his eyes are directly on Daddy. Dave, he doesn't forget you.

Matty's bottom two teeth are coming very close to the surface. Tonight they were really bothering him so I gave him some motrin and I froze them and he seemed much happier.

Today we all went to visit Andrew for a short time and tried to find him some new jeans for his trip to New York and I made soup and sausages for dinner. It was a success too, so that's good. Grace and Justin have left for study and Matty is sleeping so I have some time to do my cross stitch ( I have a bit of time every evening here).

Tomorrow, we are taking the long drive into Atlanta because Beth (Justin's sister) and Grace really want to visit Ikea. Matty and I will go on the journey as well.Who knows what we'll see. Grace has found out she is having a baby girl (Cora) so she is all set to find her some bedding.

And for those of you interested (dave and Vanessa for sure), I have still been quite good at my no sugar diet. I have exercised every day but one and have been very disciplined in my eating habbits. I am VERY thankful that Grace is good at keeping the junk out so that I can stay away from temptation.

That is what is new here with us... not too exciting but I'm having a good time. Missing home though.

2 comments:

Johannah said...

We miss you two! I knew you would get homesick at some point. It is so unnatural to be separated from your husband, isn't it?

Isaiah is pushing through three molars at the same time, so our boys are teething together. So much drool! And he is walking full time now. Way too cute.

Speaking of teeth, Caelah lost her first one. Yes, she found $$$ under her pillow, and promptly spent it on a double chocolate cookie the next day. {I guess she's hoping to lose more by eating junk!}.

Aidan is out buying a 15 pound turkey as I write this. Man, I wish you were here Kate.
Love you.

And tell Grace to pressure Maryanne into naming a girl Laura. Then our girls would be:
Norah
Cora &
Laura!

Funny.

Anonymous said...

You were very brave to book two weeks away from your husband, Kate! AuntieB