Saturday, April 11, 2009

Defiance


Today I had to deal with Matthew's very first obvious sign of defiance. Grace was giggling the whole time because it really was funny.

I placed Matty on Graces kitchen counter to try and rinse something off and he didn't want to be put down on the floor. I glanced away from him for a second (don't worry, only my head was turned but I was standing right in front of him so he couldn't fall) and when I looked back he was going for one of her plants. I grabbed his hand, said no (without a smile) and flicked his hand. I let go and he went for it again. I repeated the process. "Matthew, No" *flick*, "Matthew, NO" *flick*, "I said No Matthew" *flick*

I finally finished my wiping up and just moved him out of temptations way. If I hadn't Im sure he would have kept it up for quite a bit longer.

Maybe Matty has a green thumb but more than likely it was just something to touch mixed with his stubborness.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

..."real" parenting begins....AuntieB