Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Last Night

T'was the night before leaving
and all through the house
not a creature was stirring
except for a ... sceaming Matty.

Anyone know how to make that rhyme?

Tomorrow I take my leave from a very hospitable Grace and Justin and head home to my very missed husband. My bags are mostly packed and ready to go. I came with one and am leaving with two. I just have to be sure I remember to pack my pjs and pills in the morning.

Poor pregnant Grace has to wake up and drive me at 5:30. Apparently no matter when you hit Atlanta you are destined to hit traffic galore. And I am still really uptight about that airport so I told her I had not problem being there early since I can always find something to do at the airport once I am in and know I can make it on time. My flight leaves at 10:15 so I am pretty sure I should be on time.

Grace and Justin are at church right now until about 8:00 and I just got Matty to sleep. He is doing the oddest thing. I put him down to bed and he cries and cries to the point of vomiting so I go and pick him up and he falls asleep in my arms right away. I wonder if he is scared that I have left him or something. Needless to say, I am happy that he is asleep now and the house has become so silent. I only hear the typing of the keys as I type this.

I've had a wonderful vacation here. I hope no one is hurt when I say I am excited to go home though. I miss my husband, my family, my house (which I am so motivated to come back and organize) and my every day routine. Grace spoiled me rotten here and eventually I have to get back to reality. And the reality I am speaking of is dishes, cooking, cleaning, organizing, a husband at home. I am so excited to get back into reality. Bring on the dirty toilets and the laundry. Nothing will be able to beat me :)

Anyhow, the next time I write I will be back at home with my men in Ottawa. The adventure continues there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

God bless you in all your resolves, Katie...AuntieB

Grace said...

Hope he slept well last night! So glad you are home safe and sound:)