Thursday, April 30, 2009

Since coming home

It has been a while since I have written and for that I appologize. I know that you are all checking my blog daily, eager for the next great post (hahaha).

Let me see if I can fill you in on all the things that have been going on here since I arrived home.

First, I arrived home after a much more eventful trip on the planes. Matty was so confused since it was nap time when we arrived at the airport and he was wonderful until we got onto the plane. I even noticed that he had finally cut his first tooth. He started wailing and fussing and people were stairing... it was not fun. Eventually I just stood up in the aisles and swayed with him. I think people were releaved when he fell silent and then asleep.

Here is Matty at the Atlanta airport staring at the trucks and planes outside.

Once we arrived home, it was a great relief to see Dave again and to have Matty reunited with his Daddy. We arrived home and had a nice time as a family. After that, my sister and her family and Vanessa and her family and my parents came over for a nice dinner. It was nice enough for us to eat outside and enjoy the sun. And we were treated to dinner.

Saturday we went and visited Dave's family and had yummy spaghetti and saw them again. They were very surprised at how much Matty had grown and changed.

I worked hard to tidy the house and get everything clean and scrubbed. it took me several days to clean my "tidied house" according to Dave. I was so glad I was motivated to get on top of the house.

Since then we have had a big dinner here at our place for a my parents, Dave's parents and Vanessa's parents. We've also done a lot of visiting. We had Dave's friend Gord stay with us for a few days and I've been out visiting friends a lot.

Here are some cute pictures of what Matty has been up to:

This is Matty with Daddy on his first motorcycle ride. Dave put him in the snuggli and went around the driveway twice very slowly. Matty looked very cute and very excited. He had both his hands and his feet sitting on the gas tank.

Here he is in Henry's little car. Matthew thinks this is so great. He even jusmps up and down in it and his belly hits the horn and makes it beep. He could spend hours in this car.


Here we have Henry in his car and Matty on his tractor. Both of them very happy to be outside andbeing pushed around the yard.

Finally, we have Matty just yesturday in his very tight baseball cap (he wont be wearing it anymore) and a cute pair of construction overalls that were also too small. He is getting so big.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to catch up on your news, Kate - Miss you! AuntieB

Grace said...

He looks totally different!!! HOw is that possible??? He is growing fast...glad he finally cut a tooth!