Thursday, April 2, 2009

flying...no sweat

Matty and are now in Georgia!!!

I woke up this morning at 5:30 and got ready. I packed the car and feared having to travel with such a heavy bag (oof). We left for the airport at 6:30 and I rushed around trying to get to the gate. Poor Dave (sorry hunny) had to chase me there and barely got a goodbye kiss since I was so scared I would miss my flight. I got to the gate and I was the last one to arrive. It was practically empty and Matty and I had a whole row to ourselves. We took off anf Matty was a happy boy the whole time. He smiled and played and smiled some more. As we landed, he didnt notice a thing. It was an answer to prayer.

Once in Toronto I descovered that I had to get my bag back, go through security AGAIN! and then re-check the bag. I was not impressed. Once that was done, it was easy to find my next gate and waitedfor about 30 minutes before we boarded again. It turned out that Matty and I had a whole row to ourselves again ( good choices Dave) and once again, Matty was an awsome passenger, He slept on me from take off for about 20 minutes and then played until it was time to land. The flight had a lot of turbulance and I must admi, I was pretty scared.

Once I left that plane, I was on an adventure. I really do not like the Atlanta airport. I couldnt figure out where to go or what to do next... I got lost and turned around until FINALLY I found my bag (after asking millions of airport people) and accidentally walked past Grace who saw me and admitted she was starting to get nervous.

Then it was homeward boud (home being Grace's place for the next while). Matty played and ate peas ( he liked them, believe it or not) and he went to bed at 7:45. Now, it's tv time and I think I will do some cross stitching.

I'll be sure to let you know what's going on with me when I get the chance.

3 comments:

Karin said...

Hi Kate,

so glad to hear you have arrived safely and that the journey went smoothly!

have a wonderful visit!

Love Karin

Vanessa said...

YAY! I'm so glad to hear it went well - we were praying for you! Also - thank you so much for the gift. Even though you told me you were leaving early Thurs. Morning,it never registered in my brain so I thought FOR SURE I'd have a chance to say goodbye and thanks!

Anne and Daniel showed up for their lesson. They were half an hour late and Henry washorrible!! Needless to say, it didn't go well.

I miss you already. Don't ever leave us again, k? :):)

Love,

Vanessa

Anonymous said...

Hope your flight home is better! AuntieB