Thursday, June 17, 2010

Visiting and Style

Living in the city, I have become so used to everything being so close that I forget that when people move away, it really isnt that hard to hop in the car and go for a drive to visit. Honestly, since my sister and Aidan moved out to the country (35 min. drive, no biggy) I have gone to visit so rarely on my own with the kids. Do I dread the drive? No! I Simply forget that its an option. Odd, eh?

Well, I now have 3 people who are out of town that I need to work harder at visiting. Karin is in Kanata, the closest of the three, Vanessa will be in Carleton in a day or two and Jo out in Kinburn.

I decided I better start trying. It will mean that me and the boys will be uprooted from our schedules a lot more but I think it is worth it for them to see their cousins than to be a bit cranky in the evenings for missing naps.

We visited Jo and the kids two weeks ago which was so nice and last week it was tim to visit Karin.

We went to the park with the kids and they had a great time playin on the slides and the swings and the in the sand. matty loved the wagon ride on the way to and from the park.
Isnt that just a cute picture? Matty was being lulled into dream land I think.

When we retuned to the house, they did a bit more playing and this is what I noticed Matty doing:

Wooden shoes and Lyssa's sun hat. I think maybe my boy is beginning to enjoy dressup.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet little guy, Kate...AuntyB

Irene said...

Matty is so adorable!!!!