Monday, May 9, 2011

Mothers Day

Mothers Day is always a two day affair for us. One day with my mom and the next with Daves. This year it started on Saturday with my mom.

After our annual church clean up we all headed back to my parents place to hang out and make a nice lunch/dinner for my mom. BBQ grilled sandwiches with chicken and veggies and special cheeses and some salads.
The men got to work on the BBQ. Roasting, basting and cooking while the women folk chatted.

Then we all ate and were merry. They were fabulous sandwiches. None of us have enjoyed any more.

Sunday was Mothers day at Daves parents place. First I got breakfast made for me and was able to take my precious time in the bathroom cleaning and primping. So rare it is to have so much time. Dave took care for the boys with Taras help.

After chuch we went to the van der Meers. I brought makings for sandwiches and a chowder soup that I had never made before. It sounded good and I knew everyone could eat it so I gave it a shot. I was very happy when it turned out to be a success. I think we all enjoyed our lunch and then we had a bit of time outside.
I had Matthew in his little plaid coat and then Daves mom showed me she had another one just like it so we got Levi into one as well and had matching boys. So cute.

Matty loved pulling the wagon. Levi loved riding in it.

It was a wonderful mothers day weekend. I love my moms and I love being a mom. Theres nothing like a day of being spoiled too. Everyone needs one of those once in a while.

1 comment:

Betty said...

It looks like y'all had a wonderful time. Happy Mother's Day!