Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Baby Shower

**Please note that today is Thursday and that I wrote this on Tuesday. My internet stopped working while I was trying to upload pictures so I couldnt post and I really dont wish to change the entire entry to make it today.**

This Saturday is my "sister -in- laws" baby shower.

Her mother, my own, her best friend and my sister all met Sunday afternoon to discuss last minute details and find out who is doing what.

As we were sitting, discussing what we should do for favours, Amanda's mom looked up at a vase of origami iris' I made my mom and commented on how she liked them. It was then decided that I would tackle the favours by making the flowers, one for each guest with attatched chocolate.

Last night I ran to pick up the materials we needed (I have them all here somewhere but have no idea where I packed them so a new bunch it is) and today I got started. May I just say that making paper art is difficult when you have little people around. I turned around and found Matthew at the table taking my paper and crumpling it up and throwing it into the basket... his contribution to the party I suppose. "Here, dont forget to take your crumpled up piece of pretty paper!"

Anyways, here is what I have accomplished so far:

20 flowers. No stems or candies attatched and likely no where near enough flowers. Good thing its only Tuesday.

Tomorrow is a shopping day for a game I am playing at the shower. Amanda has to wear a blind fold and guess what items are that are all inside a bag. It should be fun and I hope to find some items that are more challenging to try and stump her.

Anyways, another post tomorrow on how everything is coming along.

1 comment:

Grace said...

Beautiful kate!