Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Whats the point?

Do you ever wonder why it is you do things when the moment they are done, someone has come and undone it before you even got a chance to enjoy it?

That is often how I feel about cleaning.

Some examples:

I cleaned up all the toys and vacuumed the floor so that I could get out the steam mop and give a nice clean to the floors. A few hours later, Dave came home, didnt want to have to take his boots off so walked through the house on the nice clean floors with his muddy work boots on. Clean floors gone,

I scrub the bathroom once, sometimes more, a week. It just so happens that the day I happen to do it on Dave chooses he is going to have a bath. This wouldnt be a big deal for most people but because of the nature of Daves work, when he soaks in the bath it leaves several different rings of oily black residue on the nice, white, clean tub. So, I need to scrub it out all over again.

Organizing books on our bookshelf is something I feel I have to do once in a while. Its is only kids books but they get so badly treated sometimes because the boys dont know how to get them back on the shelf. Unfortunately, the nicer looking the shelf is, the more attractive it is to little hands and before I know it, every single book is lying on the floor pleading to be put back on the self.

These are the trials of keeping a home. You work hard just to have someone else undo it so you can do it all again another time.

It does make me wonder, though, why I bother sometimes.

1 comment:

Grace said...

Kate,
I just said that to Justin yesterday....the more I do, the more that is undone. However, I like my house clean so I continue to redo what is undone. If that makes sense. Was praying for you this morning...rash any better?