Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Dave Has Been Busy

I came home the other day to many huge changes. I had been in town for a few nights due to bad weather and Dave was home working away. He managed to get lots done.

The first things I saw when I walked in the house were the new lights hanging as you go into the dining room.



It will be these lights that we have hanging throughout the house- usually by doorways.

Next, in the way up the stairs Dave installed another new light.


I love it. It was meant to hang in the mud room but it was much to big so it hangs in the stairs and now has electricity to it. We have light on the stairs!!!

Once you get to the top of the stairs take a look at the new view:


Notice anything new? Its got drywall!

When you go through the hallway there is a little crevice where we have set up a little reading area for the boys


and then we have the other two rooms (all the bedrooms are now dry walled)


This one is Daniel and Amanda's. We were in the process of working on it so I didn't get any better pictures.


This is the other bedroom that will serve as an office/ storage area for Daniel and Amanda for now. I think this room is my favourite. Just look at how bright it is? And there will be a skylight at some point too.

One final change was a light in the bathroom. It used to hand in the stair way but with the new one we were able to displace the other one.


The next step will be dry wall in the downstairs room and electrical everywhere. Im so excited.!

3 comments:

Susanna said...

I lOVE the lights! It's looking great!

Grace said...

Kate, your home is so beautiful! Cannot WAIT to see the finished product.

Anonymous said...

Wow! AuntyB