Thursday, January 19, 2012

Room Makeover

Living in a house that is under construction is difficult. Add having three boys three and under plus 2 extra adults and a baby, a dog and a cat and saw dust everywhere and you'll see how sometimes I can feel like I might go crazy.

Our home is wonderful and I love it but sometimes I just want a normal house. One that stays clean for more than a minute.

Over the holidays in particular I began to really hate being in my room. It is the one painted bedroom in the house and should be a wonderful place to be. I didn't find it that way. It was always messy, no matter how hard I tried. It made me uptight and I tried to avoid it as much as possible.

When I mentioned my discomfort to Dave he took my ideas and put them into action. After a few hours of rearranging and cleaning here is the finished product:


We moved the bed to the middle of the room. It was actually nicely made and everything but just as I was going up the stairs to take a picture I noticed the boys had gone in and reeked havoc so please excuse the mess.


The crib is now on the back wall next to the bed.


A dresser and mirror on one side of the closet.


The TV and the other dresser behind the door.

With all of this done the room feels tidier, cleaner and more organized. I know Dave really didn't want to move everything around but once he had finished he said, "It feels so much less cluttered this way." I agree. And you want to know the best part? There are no hidden corners for him to store all his clothes -he tends to keep piles on the floor near his side of the bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What an industrious husband! And, Katie, it is becoming such a beautiful home. I hope I get to see it next time we visit. AuntyB