Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Their Own Room

The older boys have finally been moved into their own room. Nothing is finished and they are currently sharing a futon but its pretty nice having them out of our room.

Here's what I've done with it decor wise so far.

Not much has been added to the shelf yet since I know it will be a bit of a fight for the first few nights just to get them to sleep instead of play. We'll add things slowly once they have learned the rules a little better.

Here is their shared bed. My cousin Grace bought the banner for Ewan but since he doesn't have a room I thought it worked perfectly here. It was something I wanted to do all along.

Both of the boys are currently afraid of the dark so as their light and nightlight we have stars. I love it. It warms up their room a bit and they always ask for their stars on. Im not sure what I will put on their dressers... once again, it will have to be added slowly so they don't play with it or be something they care nothing for.

Here is a picture I took a few nights ago of how it looks when they fall asleep.

Matthew is always pretty ready for bed since he doesn't nap but Levi is always very ready to play. So after some rowdy time I found them asleep like this. Levi's bum was right in front of Matthews face and Matty's neck looks so uncomfortable.

Dave and I are enjoying our room with only one boy. It was about time wouldn't you say?

5 comments:

Grace said...

How exciting Kate! glad you like that banner and are able to use it. They look so sweet in bed together.

Anonymous said...

I love the skylight! AuntyB

Betty said...

So sweet!! And so glad y'all are down to just one boy in your room :)

Kat said...

Love the lights! So cute!

Anonymous said...

Hey Katie,

I love the room! It is so cute... as are those beautiful boys! :)As for the dresser, I think it looks very classy just the way it is with its sleek black top!

Love,
Katrina