Friday, September 17, 2010

The Far Away Tree Collection

I have decided that I am no longer so gung ho about doing the book reading plan I had started because I took a break from one book I was reading (and not enjoying at all) and read a christian book. It was so wonderful to read. It refreshed me and it felt worth reading.

I dont want to feel like I cant read other books that are not on the list so I decided that I will just read the ones that interest me or that I have on my book shelf and in between them I will read others as well. I will just read what I want, when I want.

I did want to read this children's series:
It is a series of 3 stories about a magical tree in a magical forest and you can climb to the top and find a different world waiting there every week.

It is very fantastical and very simple. I started reading it and thought I would hate it just because the way the language is I felt like they were writing for stupid people. Then as the story developed I becgan to love it. The charaters are fun and different, the places are original and it was a very easy read.

I dont know how easily you can find a copy of these stories. I had never heard of them before and they are old and from England but if you can, they are fun to read. Or you can borrow them from me. If you have any kids, they would love reading them or having them read. Something I do like is they are written with "hidden" lessons in them. So the child who is selfish gets in trouble for being just that...
If you choose to read it, enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They are SO beautifully illustrated! AuntyB