Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The Five People You Meet in Heaven


I decided to start reading another book on my list as I wait for my book on systematic theology to arrive and I have to say, it was a good choice.

It started at the end, and from there to the beginning I was unable to put the book down.

It is so well written. It is about an old man who has lost everyone and dies. He meets 5 people on his way to heaven who want to each teach him a lesson to bring meaning into his past life. It is not a christian book so the ideas are very different but it brought tears streaming down my face three different times. You love this old man and your heart breaks for him but in the end, it is beautiful.

Its been a while since my emotins got so wrapped up in a character. I strongly recommend this book, if you can seperate truth from fiction in terms of theology. Its imaginative and it is very hard to put down.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did Tim review that awhile ago? AuntyB