Friday, September 3, 2010

We Got Keys

Welcome to our dump!

Flowers growing "randomly" in the middle of our acre of land! Im pretty sure there was once a beautiful garden and those flowers are just strong enough to survive the take over of the weeds and grass.


Like the mailbox up there, the rest of the house is really in bad shape. Although, that's what we were looking for.

Dave started to gut!
This used to be a kitchen! And Dave said that there are actually 4 walls, one over the other, over the other and not enough studs. He said he was amazed the house was still standing... at least this wall.

This was an entry way. It will be part of the main entrance once it's all opened up.

You can tell that there once was a tenant or owner who cared about this house because of a few little special touches.

See the bird house on the top of the barn?

And proof that there was a lovely garden once. Now it is an overgrown framed box. The property has beautiful trees (we have a weeping willow) and there are some rose bushes that are getting strangled. I hope to get there and do some yard clean up... just so I can be some help to our property.

This house has been a long time coming. I have refused to let myself get excited about it because it seemed like we would never get it. However, now that Dave is in there and tearing it apart... I really am getting quite excited. I still dont think I will spend much time out there at the moment. It stinks like animal and dirt... bla!!!

So begins my chronicalling of our home.

5 comments:

Karin said...

so exciting Kate! I hope the process goes as smoothly as it can!

Grace said...

I started laughing when I saw the opening sentence "welcome to our dump." Seriously Kate it is beautiful and just think...you can make it your own! How fun and tiring:) Hoping we can visit you next year and see your beautiful home. Love you guys and am so excited for you!

Irene said...

I am so glad that you finally got the keys and you can get started on the house. You are going to be so blessed Kate when all is done. Enjoy this time and take lots of pictures. We renovated many homes and it is hard that is true but when you are finished you get to enjoy having your own home. : )

Anonymous said...

Ok Katie...I would definitely not call your first home a dump...It looks absolutely adorable and has HUGE potential...especially when you have such a gifted hubby who will pour his heart into making it beautiful for you...I love it...can't wait for your housewarming party!!! Angela
P.S. I absolutely love all the satellite receivers on the tower...did they come with the house????

Anonymous said...

An acre of land? Wow! What fun! AuntyB