Monday, September 20, 2010

House of Horrors

I appologize for my lack of updating about the house. I went to visit it the other day and left feeling... terrified.

Dont get me wrong, I have complete faith in Dave's abilities. I just have trouble seeing beyond the stripped interior of our "house". Dave has half the house's enterior torn right down and you can see from the ground floor up to the roof. The house is so old that I also have this lingering fear that there will be hidden issues that will make things longer and more expensive.

Last night I had a dream, and it has made me uneasy since, that Dave was working in the house and something collapsed. He is at the house alone, no one would think to come check on him and if he went unconcious, how would I be able to know? Is he just not available or has something happened?

Anyways, I dont visit the house much yet since there is very little for me to do and no where for the boys and I to hang out but Dave has been taking pictures and I do plan on letting you have a peek at that which makes me shutter. Until then, this is my update.

Sorry its so brief and none- pictured!

2 comments:

Grace said...

Kate,

Although our house was better maintained I wish I could send you picture of the before. Justin and his dad gutted it and redid almost everything...and it is amazing what can be accomplished! When we redid our bathroom the floor was termite eaten and rotting...unfortunately that is the state of an old house but I know Dave can do it...and you will love it! I cannot wait to see it!

Anonymous said...

Sorry you are so stressed, Katie....I know you know it will be wonderful,though....AuntyB