Monday, August 25, 2008

A Cottage Weekend and Another Monday

This weekend was a very lovely time. Many of the young adults from church went to the Prince's cottage and enjoyed a VERY relaxing weekend. We swam in the lake (so nice and made me feel so light), games, snacks, food and little sleep.

Driving down Friday, I went with my sister and two of her four children. We made it there with few issues on where we were going and settled in right away. There was a game played (outburst) and we women won by a very LONG shot. Then, by 1:00 we were off to bed.

After a terrible sleep on my part, I woke on Saturday to pancakes and bacon. YUM! Then, I went back to bed. I slept for another two hours before I was ready to open my eyes and face the day. A swim followed and it was gorgeous. The water was cold enough to refresh but warm enough to brave and get in. Lunch, dinner and more games and then we had a fire. We made some smores (believe it or not I did not over do it. I had two and was ready to go inside because of the bugs). Then, we watched a movie. It was not the best choice but there were parts that were certainly laugh out loud. Then the women folk went to bed. The men stayed up and played a game a came to bed a few hours later.

Sunday, we all woke at various times and ate various foods. It was the men who all awoke after the women. Some swam, some relaxed on the couches and some sat out on the screened in porch. A game was played and snacks were served.
Here's Isaiah beginning to climb Mount Matty.

Oh, He's getting closer to the top.

He's made it to the top of Mount Matty!!!

There were so many snacks that no one wanted lunch. We left at around 2:20 and got home in time to have a bite to eat and a bit of a relaxation time and then it was off to church. An early bed time was also in place. Dave and I were both in bed and ready to sleep at 9:30. Very odd for Dave especially. I had my regular wake ups but still managed to sleep quite well.

Today is laundry day. I've stripped the bed, made the bed, washed a bunch of laundry and will be doing an overall tidy today. Matty is still happy in the womb and shows no signs of coming soon. 39 weeks tomorrow and counting. He keeps getting bigger and I keep getting more uncomfortable. Oh well, the longest he can stay in there is another 3 weeks. Lets hope he decides to come sooner than that.

4 comments:

Johannah said...

Kate,
We were in bed by 9:45.

Vanessa said...

Sorry to have missed the cottage, but glad you had a good time! I so love those pics of you. Next time Isaiah and Henry are together, let's put them both on Matty and get some pictures! I guess we better do that soon, eh?

Susanna Rose said...

Mount Matty...love it! You look so cute and I know the anxious feeling of wanting baby to come...it will happen before you know it (and just cause he doesn't seem to be wanting out today, doesn't mean anything! I didn't feel anything from Ellie and than all of a sudden I had contractions in the morning out of no where and within a few hours she was in the world!;)

Grace said...

I love Mount Matty as well...so cute!