Thursday, August 21, 2008

Perfect Timing

Here is a prayer I found in a book that was given to me for Matthew's baby shower. The book is called, Powerful Prayers for your Baby. I thought it fit exactly how I am feeling these days, even though Matty isn't late, it still is hard to wait.

Dear Lord, I’m counting the days and the pounds and the centimeters and the Braxton Hicks and the new folded sleepers- but the real countdown never comes. When will it come, Lord? Every morning I wake up praying that this is the day. I’m counting the bumps (Baby must have fourteen elbows). I’m counting the last time I saw my toes.

Everyone tells me, “baby will come when he’s ready.” But I’m ready, Lord. My restless mind wanders through your word. You say,… “warn those who are idle” (baby’s been quiet lately), “encourage the timid” (is he afraid to face the world?), “help the weak” (maybe he’s just not strong enough yet), “be patient with everyone” (even babies who are late?) (1 Thess. 5:14).

Okay, Lord. I know the apostle Paul didn’t have babies in mind. But he might have if he’d ever been pregnant.

Let me hear from you today (I’m so pregnant). Your word says that a wise woman doesn’t fret but waits on Your timing with patience (Ps. 3:8). Help me, Lord, to stop counting. Help me to be at ease and to give You time to work.

“Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD” (Ps. 27:13).

Lord, I’ll wait for you. Give me grace to wait. Renew my strength in these days (Isaiah 40:31). I’m confident in Your goodness, and I know I’ll see it soon (Ps. 27:13)

Oh, let it be soon! Amen

2 comments:

Grace said...

Amen! let it be soon:)

I can't wait to see him:)

Vanessa said...

Amen, again!!

I'm so excited to meet my first nephew!