Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Do I Have To?

I don't know about any of you but when I am in my house, doing my house work there are always a few things that I just never want to do. I've thought about it and it's not because I don't like doing them... I just always put off doing them. It's like my brain and body are resisting like these few jobs are going to wear me right out. Unfortunately, its these little jobs that tend to make a difference between a nice clean and tidy home versus just clean but not nice and tidy.

The first of these jobs is making our bed. My entire childhood up until marriage I always made my bed. I woke up, made my bed and then began my day. It was never a big deal and I never even thought about it. I just did it. Now, I look at the unmade bed and think, "Is it really necessary?"


Next are the dishes. I used to dread washing the dishes. Suddenly, I really don't mind washing them, it's putting them away. They can sit in the dish rack, nice and clean, for days until I can no longer pile ANYTHING else on top.


Then we have sweeping. For some strange reason, the idea of pushing the broom around to collect dust and crumbs really makes me moan. I look at the broom, I glance and the floor and usually say, " I'll do it tomorrow, it doesn't look that bad right now." Of course, by t he time it does get done, it was in desperate need of it several days ago.

Finally, we have the laundry. I have no problems washing clothes. That's easy. I absolutely hate to fold them and put them away, however. I try not to use our dryer since it's expensive so our clothes can sit on the drying rack for several days before I get a move on and take them down.

All of these tasks are small and take very little time yet for some odd reason I tend to push them aside for as long as I possibly can thus never fully relaxing. The silly things we do.

2 comments:

Grace said...

I HATE putting the dishes away but more then anything I HATE ironing..hate, hate, hate. Poor Justin will go days without me ironing some of his shirts. Did I mention i HATE ironing?

Johannah said...

I despise putting things away too!
But I love sweeping.