Thursday, August 28, 2008

Meeting the OB

So, I'm 39 weeks and 2 days and I finally met my OB today.

He seems amazing. I wish I could have had him for my doctor the whole time. He spoke to me about my birth plan and really liked my attitude and he shared some interesting facts with me.

1) I should be telling people my due date is the 10th of September because the average timing for a first baby is 8 days late
2) Pain is a word that one should not use to describe labour because in Canada we only have to reactions to it and they are both bad. We should look at labour in a positive way and use it to our benefit. Believe it or not, I totally get what he was saying and agree 100%.
3) (I like this one the most) Apparently, red heads labour quicker than others. So, I might just happen to fit into the trends that have been noticed and have a faster labour than most... we shall see. He told me not to hold him to that but that is what he and his colleagues have found.

Matty is happy and sounding healthy. He is NOT fully engaged. The other doctor was mistaken but he is beginning to lower himself into the pelvis... one step back. Oh well, I just have to hang in there a little while longer. And hey, if I DO go into labour any time this weekend I will definitely get my OB since he is on duty the whole weekend. Oh, wouldn't that be nice!!!

4 comments:

Karin said...

Hi Kate,

He sounds great! what a good attitude he has. I too hope you go into labor this weekend and that you have a nice quick delivery. we'll be praying.

Love Karin.
ps did you hear we bought a house!!!!!! crazy. and exciting
I'm guessing you aren't going to silver lake this weekend? neither are we, we should get together!

Johannah said...

Come camping!
Canoe. Chop firewood. Eat s'mores. Please?

Anonymous said...

Waiting with bated breath! Auntie B

Grace said...

Glad that you liked him!