Wednesday, August 13, 2008

A Pre- Baby Getaway

Dave and I have been wanting to go away on a romantic few days for quite some times. We threw around the ideas and the dates but they never seemed to come together. First it was Kingston and I think it was suppose to happen last month. Then it was a nice camping trip but the weather has been so bad... Dave's type of work always means last minute changes.

On Sunday, we were speaking to a friend and she mentioned that she had stayed at a resort in Calabogie. I've never been there and neither has Dave but she was raving about how wonderful it is. So, yesterday I set to work on finding prices and availability and last minute, booked us a room for two nights. The room has a king sized bed and we even got a room with a balcony. apparently it looks out onto a forest or a lake. Sounds nice to me.

Here is a picture of a standard room without the balcony.

Here is the floor plan to the one with the balcony. I think it's the same exact room but with a balcony that we can comfortably sit on and even eat on.

We leave today at some point. The check in time is at 4:00 and Dave had to go and fix a problem at work before we can leave. So, once he gets home, I think we will set out on our romantic getaway. Take a bit of a tour around Calabogie, go swimming in the indoor pool, lounge in the outdoor hot tub, eat... I can't wait.

Today I was having more contractions. I actually came home after getting my allergy shot and had to lie down. I fell asleep and when I woke to the phone ringing the cramps were gone. I'm actually hoping the baby doesn't come until we are home again. I really want to go and enjoy myself without worrying that we will have to rush back into Ottawa to have our babe. I have a feeling he isn't ready to come out yet anyways.

I'll be sure to take many pictures and tell you all about it when we're back. Friday we both have appointments we have to be home for so it works out that we go during the week. It's cheaper too!

3 comments:

Karin said...

sounds like fun! have a great time.

and my sister had contractions/cramps for a good week or two before her babies came. so you might have some time to wait still

Love Karin.

Vanessa said...

I hope you have a wonderful time!! I can't wait to hear all about it! :)

Grace said...

kate,
how fun! Hope you have a wonderful time!