Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Things To Do Before Matty Comes

No matter how clean a house is, when you know a precious baby will be coming home to live in it, you seem to find a million things that NEED to be done before you feel the house is ready for it's arrival. A while ago I wrote out a list of things that I felt needed to be done and since then I have accomplished some of them. Others, I want to accomplish but have to wait until my body will allow me too.

Here's my list. The items in a different colour are the ones that I have already finished.

1. Clean the hall closet
2. scrub bedroom carpet
3. pack hospital bag
4. tidy my desk
5. clean the kitchen drawers
6. clean the car
7. buy a car seat
8. clean the windows
9. put the crib together
10. wash new dishes
11. drop off give away bags to second hand store
12. clean the laundry room (Dave's job)
13. disinfect the garbage can in the kitchen
14. take bottles to beer store (Dave's job)
15. Organize corner kitchen cupboard
16. clean the fridge
17. hang pictures
18. do some baking and cooking to freeze

As you can see, I have managed to do some things and others have been started but can't be completed just yet. some of them I really don't want to do alone. You know how you can feel motivated a little more when you have a friend or family member over? Maybe that's just me wanting an excuse. When true nesting comes into play, excuses will not be needed.

Anyways, I think it is time I try to have a nap. Sleep comes easily to me during the day.

2 comments:

Grace said...

Hey Kate,
I totally understand the never-ending list of things that you need to accomplish. It seems like I never have the house organized/clean the way I would like to.

Vanessa said...

You've been busy recently!! Nesting seems to be kicking in it seems :):)