Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Feeling Weary

I woke up this morning and just felt sad. Not because of any given situation so much as I am tired. I want to meet this baby. I want to be out of the house or have something to do so I am not just sitting here asking Matthew ( as I have been doing several times this morning alone) to please come out.

I woke and thought I should sing a verse of a psalm I think greets the day well:

"This is the Day the Lord has made.
Let us be glad and sing.
Hosanna Lord, O give success. O Lord, Salvation bring."

I had hoped it would give my day a good beginning. Unfortunately, the tears have begun and they continue to fall.

Then, another psalm came to mind and I sang the verse that fit.

" Lord let my prayer prevail.
To answer it make speed.
My spirit quite doth fail.
Hide not thy face in need.
Lest I be like to those that do in darkness sit
or him that downward goes to share the dreadful pit."


The Lord is good to put these verses into my mind. I am so thankful that we sing Gods word in church. He plants them in my mind when I need them. I understand why we are to read and read and read scripture. This is how he speaks to us.

My tears are still coming and I am still feeling so helpless. "Lord, bring this baby today." His timing is perfect and I do have to remember that this should be a joyful time. I WILL meet my baby and not in a terribly long time. He will come into this world but he just might end up needing a little help. I'm just feeling impatient and tired and lonely during the day. I can't sit comfortably, stand comfortably, lie comfortably... even breathing is hard at times.

Ness is going to join me on an outing to the dollar store later. I just need to get out. God willing I can be distracted for the next while until God decides Matty is ready to come. I even got on my hands and knees yesterday and scrubbed the floors of my apartment in hopes that he would come. It made me contract a few times but then they subsided and he remains very cozy in his little residence.

Please pray that I can rely on God for his timing.

People look and me and say: Wow, you're ready to explode" and boy do I ever know that. I feel like I couldn't possibly grow anymore or gain any more stretch marks yet I continue to find I have fewer and fewer clothes I can put on in the morning. I am actually resorting to wearing Dave's shirts because they actually cover my big belly. Sure makes you feel beautiful ( ha!).

Anyways, off to be distracted by my best friend and her sewing projects.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kate, Motherhood is such a mishmash of emotion from beginning to end...I pray that little Matthew will come quickly and your tears will soon change to tears of joy! Auntie B

Grace said...

Kate,
Am praying for you and Matty! Hang in there!

Susanna Rose said...

Kate, know EXACTLY how you feel! THis is how I felt before Ellie and MIcah too! Really, before you know it, you won't know where the time went because in the blink of an eye, Matty will be in your arms and beautiful motherhood will begin!:) You'll be such a great mom too...you've always been so good with kids!